During the implementation phase the successful candidates will participate in all activities of factory testing, installation and commissioning of the Variable Energy Gamma-ray System (VEGA) mechanical and vacuum components. They will participate in all training activities provided by the VEGA supplier related to the above-mentioned components
During the operation phase the successful candidates will ensure the smooth operation of the VEGA components and will play an active role in their further development and upgrades
In the implementation phase:
The engineers will gather the knowledge and experience necessary to ensure the operation of the infrastructure and of the related equipment. In this context, they will benefit from training provided by the suppliers of the equipment regarding the assembling, testing and commissioning of the equipment. Therefore, the candidates will have to be available to travel and work abroad for a determined period of time
Ensuring the best and efficient collaboration and dialogue between the research staff and the suppliers of the respective equipment and various services
Ensuring the conformity of the activities with the standards in the field
In the operational phase:
Maintaining the performances of the ELI-NP equipment and systems to the desired level
Actively participating in the technological development activities performed at ELI-NP
Providing the technical support for the experiments
Understand the technical aspects and requirements in operating high-tech equipment
The engineer will:
- assume the maintenance and exploitation of the vacuum existing systems and facilities
- assist the providers of VEGA system in all activities related to installation, testing and commissioning of the VEGA vacuum systems
- produce technical specifications, drawings and costs estimations. This work requires experience in production follow-up, installation and commissioning of vacuum systems and components
- write and/or review installation, maintenance, coordination procedures; contribute to the organization and scheduling of the preventive, predictive and corrective maintenance of vacuum facilities
- assist the experienced researchers and engineers in the development activities related to VEGA systems and in providing technical support for VEGA related experiments
Actively and efficiently get involved in dialogue and communicate within the ELI-NP team, promoting a harmonious collaboration framework
Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering / Physics and/or related domains
Ability to learn and understand vacuum/mechanical equipment and technologies
Being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind
Adapting quickly and resourcefully to shifting priorities and requirement
Ability to work in a team and efficient communication and collaboration skills
Good oral and written communication skills in English are essential.
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania .
Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com