Scope of work:
The Senior Researcher in theoretical nuclear physics will develop scientific models and perform computations in support of Gamma Driven Experiments Department (GDED) experiments, will lead theoretical activities and developments in the field of fundamental and applied nuclear structure theory research with high intensity gamma-beams, will create and lead scientific working groups, and will guide and coordinate the activity of junior researchers, Post-docs and PhD students. The Senior Researcher will advise the Head of Department in his/her area of expertise and will participate in the definition and implementation of the scientific aims of GDED.
Main Responsabilities:Collaborating with the Heads of Departments towards building the research teams at ELI-NP and defining the scientific topics
Participating in the decision-making process regarding the scientific strategy of ELI-NP
Leading the research teams in the development and implementation of theoretical models and numerical work supporting the experiments of the department
Fostering collaborations with external research teams
Identifying topics of scientific interest, correlating the knowledge and experience in the fields of ELI-NP and shaping the main directions of research
Training a new generation of specialists in a unique field of research, which is at the frontier of scientific knowledge today
- Identifying topics of scientific interest, correlating the knowledge and experience in the fields of ELI-NP and coordinating the theory work group in the Gamma Driven Experiments Department
- Advising the Head of Department on theoretical topics related to GDED experiments of nuclear structure, nuclear reactions and/or nuclear astrophysics studies; measurements of neutron-capture cross-sections; experimental studies related to nuclear fission; experimental studies of large-amplitude motions in atomic nuclei
- Coordinating the activity of PhD students, Post-docs, and Junior Scientists
- Participating in the scientific strategy meetings of ELI-NP, and in scientific events
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing scientific collaborations and establishing new ones
- Collaborating with the Heads of Departments towards building the research teams at ELI-NP and defining the scientific topics. Participating in scientific meetings and conferences
- Participating in the decision-making process regarding the scientific strategy of ELI-NP
- Fostering collaborations with external research teams
- Actively and efficiently involving in the dialog and communication within the ELI- NP team and promoting a harmonious collaboration framework
- Improving scientific knowledge and competencies in ELI-NP research topics
- PhD degree in physics
- At least 10 years of experience in research and development or higher education, out of which at least 5 years of experience in nuclear physics or other fields related to ELI-NP
- Excellent references in research
- In-depth knowledge of nuclear structure physics and the ability to make connections to related sub-areas such as astrophysics, particle physics and nuclear reaction physics and nuclear experiment
- Programming: C/ C++ and/or Fortran
- Goal-oriented attitude;
- Taking ownership of handled tasks
- Willingness to continuously improve and develop new skills
- Proven teamwork experience, communication and efficient collaboration skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania .
- Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
- Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
- The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org