Scope of work:
The Senior Researcher will develop and perform scientific experiments with gamma beams, will lead instrumental and technological developments in the field of neutron and gamma ray spectroscopy at ELI-NP, with special focus on brilliant LCS gamma beams, will create and lead scientific working groups, and will guide and coordinate the activity of junior researchers, Post-docs and PhD students. The Senior Researcher will advise the Head of Department in his/her area of expertise and will participate in the definition and implementation of the scientific aims of Gamma Driven Experiments Department
Main Responsabilities:Collaborating with the Heads of Departments towards building the research teams at ELI-NP and defining the scientific topics
Participating in the decision-making process regarding the scientific strategy of ELI-NP
Leading the research teams in the development of the experimental setups and in performing the research experiments in the field of neutron and gamma-ray spectroscopy
Fostering collaborations with external research teams
Identifying topics of scientific interest, correlating the knowledge and experience in the fields of ELI-NP and shaping the main directions of research
Training a new generation of specialists in a unique field of research, which is at the frontier of scientific knowledge today
- Leading a research team on neutron- and gamma-ray spectroscopy
- Proposing topics of research relevant for ELI-NP and solutions for the implementation and optimization of the neutron and gamma-ray spectroscopic solutions at ELI-NP
- Advising the Head of department on topics related to: basic and applied scientific topics related to above-neutron-threshold nuclear physics
- Coordinating the activity of PhD students, Post-docs, and Junior Scientists
- Participating in the scientific strategy meetings of ELI-NP, and in scientific events
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing scientific collaborations and establishing new ones
- Actively and efficiently involving in the dialog and communication within the ELI- NP team and promoting a harmonious collaboration framework
- Improving scientific knowledge and competencies in ELI-NP research topics
- PhD degree in physics
- At least 10 years of experience in research and development or higher education, out of which at least 4 years experience in research relevant to the ELI-NP gamma above neutron threshold program
- Proven experience in organizing and coordinating the activity of scientific research teams
- Strong background in experimental nuclear physics
- Strong background in instrumentation development for physics experiments
- Excellent references in research
- Goal-oriented attitude
- Willingness to continuously improve and develop new skills
- Proven teamwork experience, communication and efficient collaboration skills
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania .
- Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
- Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
- The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org