Scope of work:
Post-doctoral research assistants will ensure part of the scientific expertise needed to prepare the ELI-NP experiments. Post-doctoral research assistants will pursue their activity in the working groups led by Research Scientists. Personal initiative concerning scientific research will be also encouraged.
- Improving scientific knowledge and competencies in ELI-NP research topics
- Performing tasks within Laser Gamma Experiments Department (LGED) related to one or more of the following
subjects: Laser physics, optical systems for experiments with short pulse lasers, diagnostics for the laser beam and experiments
- Participating in scientific meetings and conferences
- Participating in the implementation of the setups foreseen in the Technical Design Reports (TDRs) for ELI-NP experiments
- Participating in specific activities during the installation and commissioning phase;
- Providing support for the preparation of the technical documents for the acceptance of Project's deliverables
- Actively and efficiently involving in the dialog and communication within the ELINP team and promoting a harmonious collaboration framework
- PhD degree in Physics
- Hands-on experience in laser systems development, OPCPA, or optical-optical synchronization of laser oscillators and amplifiers to fs accuracy or ultrashort pulse diagnostics
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Goal-oriented attitude
- Taking ownership of handled tasks
- Willingness to continuously improve and develop new skills
- Proven teamwork experience, communication and efficient collaboration skills
- Availability to travel and perform work stages abroad
Would be a plus, but at least one required:
- Experience in numerical PIC simulations for laser acceleration processes in gas targets
- Familiar with experiments (setups, detectors, beam optimization) with short pulse lasers
- Experience with optics software (such as ZEMAX), design and optimization of optical systems for laser beam propagation
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania, for a period 1 (one) year with the possibility of extension. .
- Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
- Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
- The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com