Scope of work:
Post-doctoral research assistants will ensure part of the scientific expertise needed to prepare the ELI-NP experiments. Post-doctoral research assistants will pursue their activity in the working groups led by Research Scientists. Personal initiative concerning scientific research will be also encouraged.
- Improving scientific knowledge and competencies in ELI-NP research topics
- Performing tasks within Laser Gamma Experiments Department (LGED) related to the theoretical foundation of the LGED experimental aims
- Participating in scientific meetings and conferences
- Participating in the implementation of the setups foreseen in the Technical Design Reports (TDRs) for ELI-NP experiments
- Participating in specific activities during the installation and commissioning phase
- Providing support for the preparation of the technical documents for the acceptance of Project's deliverables
- Actively and efficiently involving in the dialog and communication within the ELINP team and promoting a harmonious collaboration framework
- PhD degree in physics/engineering
- Proven experience via publications in theoretical physics in fields relevant to the LGED/ELI-NP theoretical aims
- Good knowledge of the scientific fields relevant for ELI-NP
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Taking ownership of handled tasks and willingness to continuously improve and develop new skills
- Goal-oriented attitude
- Proven teamwork experience, communication and efficient collaboration skills
- Availability to travel and perform work stages abroad
Would be a plus:
- Strong skills in quantum optical based quantum technologies
- Knowledge of the quantum optical description of interferometry and phase sensitivity including the use of non-classical light
- Knowledge of Matlab/Mathematica software
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania, for a period 1 (one) year with the possibility of extension. .
- Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
- Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
- The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org