Scope of work:
Junior Researchers will ensure part of the scientific expertise needed in the operation and development of the Combined Laser and Gamma Beams experiments at ELI-NP. They will pursue their activity in working groups, together with researchers, engineers, Post-docs and PhD students, while personal research and collaboration initiative will be encouraged.
In the operational phase, they will ensure the optimal operation of the experimental setups within LGED, will participate to the upgrades and to the development of new experimental setups and will prepare and support experiments within the research program of ELI-NP.
Main Responsabilities:Participating to the design and construction of the experimental setups and market research for the procurement of components
Active participation in the research teams in the development of the experimental setups and in performing the research experiments
Initiating and maintaining collaborations with external research teams
Collaborating with the post-doctoral research assistants and PhDs for the performance of the scientific program
- Proposing topics of research relevant for ELI-NP and solutions for the optimization of the LGED experimental setups
- Collaborating in the scientific activities with Post-docs and PhD students and other researchers in the research groups
- Performing the specific tasks and pursuing the research topics of LGED
- Participating to scientific meetings and conferences
- Participating to the specific activities during the commissioning and installation phases of the experimental setups
- Getting actively and efficiently involved in the communication within the ELI-NP team and promoting a harmonious collaboration framework
- Improving scientific knowledge and competencies in ELI-NP research topics
- PhD degree in Physics
- Proven record of involvement in the development and operation of experimental systems in Nuclear Physics
- At least 4 years of experience in research and development or higher education after the PhD, in the field of experimental Nuclear Physics
- Very good references in experimental Physics
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to continuously improve and develop new skills
- Proven teamwork experience, communication and efficient collaboration skills
Would be a plus:
- Experience in developing and using computing codes for Nuclear and Particle physics (Geant4, FLUKA, etc)
- Experience in analysing the data from experiments
- Experience in applications of high power lasers for particle acceleration or Nuclear Physics experiments
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania .
- Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
- Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
- The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com