Scope of work:
The Network Security Professional plays an important role in the cybersecurity engineering and operations activities at ELI-NP. He/she is involved in the design, implementation and operation of network security and telecommunication security capabilities, and offers network security-focused support for implementing and operating identity and access management capabilities. Furthermore, he/she is expected to carry out and support cybersecurity operations in areas related to security monitoring & analytics, proactive security or digital forensics/incident response, from the perspective of network security
- Ensuring the security of data networks and telecommunication (e.g. e-mail, videoconference) systems by supporting and participating in the design, implementation and operation of the related capabilities in the ELI-NP cybersecurity architecture
- Providing network-security-focused expertise and support for implementing and operating the identity and access management capabilities in the ELI-NP cybersecurity architecture
- From the perspective of network security, performing and supporting activities pertaining to cybersecurity operations in areas such as:
- Log management & monitoring;
- Security Information & Event Management (SIEM);
- Malware hunting;
- Security assessment & testing;
- Incident management & response;
- Digital forensics
as well as implementing, operating and developing the associated technical and procedural resources
- Participating in the development, execution and continual update of the policies, procedures and technical aspects pertaining to cybersecurity capability management, as well as to change and configuration management, from the perspective of network security
- Providing know-how and technical support for implementing, operating, securing and maintaining the networking infrastructure required for the cybersecurity organisational entity and its operations
- Participating in cybersecurity event/incident response, investigation and post-factum analysis activities
- Carrying out technical capability/technology/product/solution analysis and evaluation activities as part of the supply chain, as well as other specific cybersecurity development activities
- Ensuring individual and collective cybersecurity knowledge refresh, acquisition and transfer, as well as threat landscape updates, through technical, conceptual and literature research and review
- Higher education graduate, in a field relevant for this position (e.g. computer science / informatics, electronics, telecommunications, engineering, etc.). If the higher education completed belongs to other fields than the aforementioned ones, a cybersecurity certification (vendor-specific or not) is required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in the field of network security (engineering, defence, forensics or offence), in an enterprise, governmental, research or similar (incl. project-based) environment.
- Network security knowledge and/or experience implementing and/or operating network security techniques, technologies and capabilities such as:
- Next generation firewalls;
- Network access control;
- Network vulnerability scanning
- Good knowledge of network technologies, incl. of how to secure the associated devices and protocols
- Knowledge of and ability to blend relevant commercial and open source cybersecurity tools/resources
- Certifications in the aforementioned areas (vendor-specific or not) are considered an asset. Furthermore, an out of the box thinking and/or an adversarial mindset are highly appreciated
- Experience in applying/integrating network security tools with relevant Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, Exchange, OWA, etc.) is considered a plus
- Ability to handle complex tasks, complex analytical skills, proven ability to solve problems, ability to deliver when working under tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills, a strong team spirit and a result-oriented attitude
- Good English skills (writing and speaking)
Working arrangements/Conditions of employment:
- Full time position, based in Bucharest - Magurele, Romania .
- Included: private medical coverage, paid annual leave.
- Motivating salary, at European level, based on qualifications and experience.
- The candidate should be available to travel abroad for scientific collaboration at various research infrastructures,
for part of their time.
- Part of a dynamic, well-structured, savvy and autonomous team operating with full Leadership support and with clear objectives in an international and friendly environment;
- Rare opportunity to tackle the cybersecurity challenges of a world-leading scientific project and of a complex environment going way beyond the ‘usual’ IT office/enterprise landscape and that interlaces Operational Technologies / Industrial Control Systems, data acquisition systems, scientific computing resources and building management systems.
- A chance to develop one’s career and to make a difference by analysing, designing, implementing and/or operating some of the newest cybersecurity capabilities within a robust and modern framework.
The applications shall be accompanied by the documents requested in the Rules of Selection for this position.
The applications shall be sent to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com